This has been my first month of doing the 200 Challenge. It has been fun but also hard. For the month of June I spent $209.84. This was just at Aldis and Wal mart, it does not include cereal or chips, etc. that I pick up with coupons at the drugstore.
One plus though, is that we have built up some extras in our pantry and freezer which helps to have a few meals on hand.
I menu plan (somewhat...trying to do better), shop at Aldis, get cereal sometimes other items at drugstores with coupons (I need to compare prices though. Is this cheaper than Wal mart with a coupon?) and just pick up a few items at Wal mart.
As far as I can tell this month we will be over as well.
Any ideas on how to do better and spend less? I would love to hear them.
Here are a few of the meals I have planned for the rest of the month.
Tomato Basil Pizza
Rice, Stuffed Eggplant, Fish
Baked Potatoes with Chili, Salad
Sub Sandwiches (like subway, cuz I have been wanting one!)
Mexican Zucchini Soup
Tomato Soup, chips
Basil Pesto Pasta
Egg Drop Soup with noodles
Zucchini Muffins
Granola
Bread
Baked Oatmeal
No comments:
Post a Comment