Monday, March 2, 2009

Behind A Day in the Life Of...


I actually started this blog to keep my family in the states informed on what we do day to day and to post pictures of our little one for them to see. But as I have been writing I have been praying about what to post and how to open this blog up and reach others.

My desire it to encourage others as I share about what a day in our lives is like. Even though we live in another country and are called "missionaries" this does not make us any different or better than others or mean that we have it all together. A day in our live is pretty much like a day in life of any other family. There are joys, tears, struggles, pain, laughter, fun, doubts, almost perfect days where things go as planned and then those days were you feel as if you did nothing. All of this is just part of our journey as we walk with Christ and learn from him.
All that I am or have ever done is because of Christ in me because I see continually that on my own I can´t make it through the day. It is only possible when I have my quite time with him and rest in him through the ups and downs.

So as you go through you day remember to look to Jesus in all that you do and let him lead and direct your path for the day. Remember also that you too are a missionary when you reach out to someone next to you. This must start in your heart and home, not in a faraway country.

Now just to quickly introduce myself. My name is Rachel and I have been married to a Costa Rican and living in Costa Rica for nearly 3.5 years. My husband and I have one beautiful 8 month old son who we are prayerfully training in Jesus´steps as we go about our day to day life. We work with an organization called Missionary Ventures based in Orlando, Florida. Right now God has us in Costa Rica working with pastors and churches to raise an awareness of what missions is about and get them interested in missions. We lead short term missions trips of Costa Ricans to other Central American countries as well as are involved in the community of Costa Rica doing in country short term missions projects.

Just a note about my titles:

Costa Rican News - Is a newsletter I send out about what we are doing.
Missions Musings - Is about our mission work.

An all the rest are about our life, day by day.

Welcome! I pray that you are encouraged as we walk through the days of life together.

If you go to the end of my blog you can see a picture presentation from one of our last misssions trips, Dec. 2008 to Honduras.

13 comments:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Hi Rachel! Thank you for coming to the party! What fun it will be to get to know you. It sounds like such an interesting life! Costa Rica!

I pray you have a lovely week meeting others.

In Him
Michelle

Deanna said...

Hello Rachel,
GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU!
Stopping by to say hello from blogworld and the Titus 2 Blog Party.
Will return to read more of your site.
Hope you'll stop by mine as well.
Deanna from the Kansas Flinthills

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

Hi Rachel! I'm glad you joined in the blog party. It's nice to see a familiar face. As always, I am encouraged by you and your heart for your family and ministry!
God bless,
Joy

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Hi Rachel, Welcome to the party. I hope to stop by and get to read more from you soon.

Linda said...

Rachel, it is so nice to see so many missionaries on here today.
I hope that you will be blessed each day of your service to Him.
I wrote a poem/writing today on my blog today called, "I Am Held".
And if you visit, I hope you wioll be blessed.
Linda

Melissa G said...

Hi Rachel, thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to introduce yourself! I'm so glad you did!

Your little boy is so cute!

I read that you are missionaries with a mission organization located in Orlando. We live just north of Orlando! Well actually we'll be living in Northern Ireland this year. But that's another story. =)

I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.

Jules said...

Hi Rachel,

It's so lovely to be able to meet you. Thanks for sharing about yourself.

Blessings, Jules

Gombojav Tribe said...

Nice to be partying with you this week!!!

You have a beautiful family!

Linda said...

Rachel, I am glad you liked my poem, and yes, you may write it in your journal if you like.

I wrote another one today called "The Blessings Of Motherhood". Since Michelle had the topic of Motherhood today. (:>)
Love in Christ,
Linda

Norberto Kurrle said...

Hi Rachel. Thanks so much for visiting our blog. OH MY GOSH!!!! (kinda freaking out here....) Do you realize that we are with MV too!!! I'm totally amazed at how God brings people together. We've been serving in Paraguay since 2002.

Great post and I'll be back to get to know you better.

Blessings,

me said...

Hi Rachel!
It is nice to meet you. This blog party is a lot of fun :)
Look forward to reading more in the days ahead!
Blessings!
For His glory...by His grace,
Dea

Connie said...

I think everyone is about partied out! It was great reading your blog. God has a great life for you.

Hugs,

Sarah said...

Hey! I've given you two awards over at my blog...be sure to check it out!!