Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Captivating - Book Review

I was very excited to read Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge as I have heard many good things the books that they have written.  It took me awhile to read the book and even longer to get into it.  It is a slow reading.

The book is very good to help women work through past and present hurt and get healing and realize their beauty and self worth.  I love the way it describes how God sees us and longs for us and to have a relationship with us.  It paints a beautiful picture of the heart of God.

Besides being a slow read I think they could have made their points better and more concisely.  It seems like the repeat a lot within each chapter and then from chapter to chapter.  I also do not like the they use lots of quotes and scenes from movies.  They do help make the points but I wish the used more example of women in the Bible.

Over all I would suggest reading the book and letting God speak to where you are through it. 


I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: