Thursday, December 17, 2009

Household Notebook

Have you ladies ever thought of doing a homemakers binder/notebook?

Recently I have as I seem to be so disorganized. Not so much with house work but with papers and stuff.

Here are some links to help you see what this is.

http://suchtreasures.com/2006/06/29/our-household-notebook/

http://suchtreasures.com/2007/12/06/our-financial-binder/


http://lizzieshome.blogspot.com/2007/11/home-management-binder-tour-brand-new.html


Web Sites with Printables:
(Please use what you need but don't over do it printing too much!)

http://www.calendarsthatwork.com/category.php?categoryId=free&sid=sQkb4z9g
http://simplemom.net/tools/downloads/
http://www.everythingmom.com/Printables/
http://www.momadvice.com/resources/downloads.aspx



While reading about this subject I came across the following post. It is very interesting and has some truth to it though I do not totally agree with everything. The point of making a home management binder is to have it to help you be more organized and accomplish what you need to. While the binder can become a hindrance it can also be a help. So what you need to do is make it to work for you.

http://peterpanandfamily.blogspot.com/2008/03/mrs-darlings-instruction-for.html

How??

Do you have a calender on the wall, desk or fridge where everyone notes what needs to be done? Then don´t include calender pages in your binder or you will just be over doing it.

Never use a baby sitter? Then don´t include that information.

Is your grocery list on the fridge for easy use? Don´t stick it in a plastic page where you can never get to it.

Are you finances in need of help? Include them.

Do you frequently loan books or stuff to others? Make a check in and out page.

I think you get the idea. This needs to work for you and hence will change throughout the time you are using it. During different seasons of life you need different things.

So what I want to do is to evaluate my life and what I need and how I might organize it (mostly papers) a little better so that I can be a better steward of my time, home and life. Right now I don´t have a printer so I will probably not do much printing so it will be very simple.

Before I list a few of the topics I am going to include in my binder let me remind you that the best way to get motivated is to have your quite time with the Lord FIRST. Unless you do then nothing will go right no matter what your plan is.


Now here are some things I want to include:

*Financial Section
Bill due dates and to whom
Budget
Monthly spending
*Hubby to do List
*Projects like Sewing or stuff
*Emergency info
*General schedule
*Blank pages maybe to write daily to do list
*Internet sites and user names and passwords
*Due and renew list for things like passports, licence, debit cards, etc.

Personally I think I like my calender and menu plan/grocery list out of the binder where I have more easy access.

If you like come along and see what I include and what I am going to try.

No comments: