Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Starting the 200 Challenge

At the begging of the year my sister started a challenge where she would only spend $200 on groceries per month. She keeps track of what she is spending and when she reaches her limit per month stops all spending on groceries and eats from what she has in the pantry even if it means going without something that she really wants for a few days. She is also posting menu plans on her blog and recipes many of which are vegetarian. I encourage you to check it out and join the challenge!

Because of an international move and trying to get settled in and figuring out our budget I have not yet participated in the challenge but this month I will be joining and hopefully can continue for the rest of the year.

So here is my brainstorm of meal ideas for this month.

Tuna Pastries (new recipe)
Black Bean Soup
Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken and Potatoes in Oven
Mimi Wraps
Baked Potatoes and Salad
Mexican Casserole
Bakes Ziti
Warm Dinner Wraps
Chili beans
Veggie Quesadillas
Italian Pasta
Spaghetti
Tostadas



Also I REALLY need dinner ideas that are cheep, easy (can be made in 30 to an hour max and can be made ahead) and that don´t involve a lot of meat because we usually eat meat only 2 times a week or less. I am packing my husbands lunch each day for him to take to work and need some ideas for this as well. He is not really a sandwich guy and is getting tired of them. I also send leftovers as well but does anyone have any quick ideas for lunch sacks?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Rachel!
Welcome to the 200 challenge. It is great to have this kind of accountability!