Saturday, January 22, 2011

Entering 2011

This new year has already been exciting, sad, adventurous and busy and January is not even over yet.

Randall´s nephew came to visit us from Costa Rica and we enjoyed having him here and miss him even thought it has been only a few days since he left.

We got a big snow and only yesterday after a week of being on the ground it finally melted in a warm rain.  I am glad because now I can hang out the wash again.

Last week we drove 9 hours to Orlando, Florida for the biannual Missionary Ventures conference.  It was a great blessing and a time of learning and fellowship with other missionaries.  We have been offered to go and help in several Latin American countries.  So we are praying about what God would have us do.  One of our priorities is getting Randall´s citizenship in the US though and that will take just over 2 more years.

Randall is starting a new job today and while it is not the best working environment as it is in a meat processing plant we are thankful to a fellow Costa Rican who helped Randall get hired and is training him in maintenance and electrical and has come along side him as a friend.  I know God has a plan in this and pray that Randall will be a light there especially to the other Hispanics.

Our biggest reason for excitement is that I am expecting a baby in July!  The first 3 months have been difficult due to dizziness, nausea, and being very tired and always hungry but with no desire to eat.  I pray though that as I enter the 4th month that much of this will clear up.  Both of my married sisters are expecting and are waiting for their little ones to enter the world at any time.  It will be fun to all be with our babies and toddlers together.

May God guide us as we enter into 2011 with all these changes and opportunities.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I am so happy for you, Rachel! What wonderful news! Babies are such a blessing!