Monday, January 24, 2011
Menu Plan Monday
This is not the first time I have planed menus but it is the first time to do Menu Plan Monday. I am doing it now to try it out for accountability and to see what others are cooking.
Now for a little background. I love to cook but do not always follow a recipe. This come somewhat from living in another country for 5 years and having to invent with what I had on hand. Well it stayed with me and I usually just look in the cabinet and see what we have and invent something, whatever I am in the mood for.
Enter a new set of challenges in 2011.
*I am pregnant with my second baby, I do not want to eat anything but need to eat more fruits and veggies.
*My husband stated working 2nd shift which means our big meal needs to be ready at 2pm so we can eat together as a family.
So I am going to menu plan and assign days to my meals (though the days may change). This will help me to know what I need to de thaw the night before and also plan more complete meals. Also I can look for new ideas that may sound good to me now while I want nothing. Maybe soon I will also plan breakfast and dinners (this will only be my and the little one).
Monday - Lentil Rice Casserole
Tuesday - Baked Potatoes, Chili, Salad
Wednesday - Pintos, Rice, Chicken and Potatoes
Thursday - Stir-fry and Rice with pineapple
Friday - Enchiladas, Salad, chips
Saturday - Mimi Wraps (fresh veggie wrap), Seasoned Potato Wedges
Sunday - Egg Drop Soup, fruit
Other things I plan to make -
Bread
Apple Muffins
Bean and Rice Burritos for the Freezer (snacks)
Peanut Butter Balls
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This looks yummy! I want to try the Potato Wedges. And I love that you can invent on the spot! :-)
Post a Comment