Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Three Cups - Book Review

Three Cups by Tony Townsley and mark St. Germain is a beautiful story about a five year old who receives an unlikely birthday present of three old cups and how they change his life as he uses them while learning about money.

It is beautifully and simply illustrated and this adds to the simple story which is a great base for talking to your children about money and saving, spending and giving.  It also comes with some notes to parents which were very helpful.

I love that it shows the heritage of passing down to your children the cups (and learning about money).  This is something that today very few children understand or know how to manage even as young adults and this book makes it easy to begin to teach these things and shows how important this is.  What a beautiful thing it will be to leave this to your children, to be passed down through the generations.

My 3 year old listened to the story and liked it and I am going  to use the three cup method when we begin to teach him about money.  At that time I will give this book to him with his own cups.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments: