Thursday, October 2, 2008

Life With a Baby


I love little Josiah. He is so precious. These first 3 months have been a joy. Like with any family some days are hard and I feel as though I get nothing accomplished and other days seem to be perfect. But I am learning to cherish and enjoy every moment with him and Randall and let all unimportant things go.

Right now Randall, Josiah and I all have a cold. We are also taking care of three children under the age of 8 which are nieces and nephews. I am surprise that I am surviving as they are very uncontrollable kids and Josiah has been very fussy with his cold. In these past two days I have managed to get caught up on all my laundry and keep up with their laundry (several wet changes a day), cook meals, keep the house clean (this could be relative as clean right now means swept, no dirty dishes and that there are places to sit and sleep and that most importantly my husband is happy) and in between times plan for a meeting we have on Sunday. Today we also went to the park.

Today was the first day I laid down to take a nap since the baby was born because while nursing I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Since Josiah didn´t sleep I asked Randall to hold him in the living room. But once the baby was gone I had a hard time sleeping. I still heard his every sound. I think I only slept a few minutes when he finally dropped off. Then I heard his sounds of "I´m uncomfortable and no one is doing anything about it." so I got up to go and see to his needs. When I got up I had such a bad head ache. I think it was the stress of not having him by my side and then waking up to what I know are his discomfort cries. So even though my eyes felt more rested and I had a little renewed energy I leaned something new about the bond God has put between mothers and their babies.

Well Josiah is asleep now and the children are playing in the patio and I need to go and start supper while I still have some peace so I will go now and with a little more confidence in the Lord because of what I have learned these past few days watching 4 children under 8 years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

It means so much to me every time you post on your blog and especially when you post Josiah and family pictures and tell us about your Beita Family adventures!

I love you all so much!
Shannon Marie

Unknown said...

I loved the pictures Rachel. Thanks for sharing them! :D

-james