Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving






Here are pictures of our Thanksgiving dinner. We had mashed potatoes, carrots, rotissery chicken (turkey here is very expensive and there is no way I could make it in my toster oven), torillas instead of rolls 8) and pumkin pie. The pumpkin you can get in only one store at Thanksgiving time and it too is very expensive but it is a rare treat. I made a square pie as I do not have a normal pie plate.

Josiah reall thought it looked good too and tried to get his hands and mouth on everything!!

2 comments:

Joyful Wife said...

Rachel,

What a beautiful thanksgiving meal that you made for your family! What a joy to get to see it and to hear all about it too. I am so thankful when you share your daily joys with us! Your pie is so pretty and I am glad that not having a pie dish didn't stop you from making a pumpkin pie! :)

It was also a great joy to see pictures on my little nephew! And to hear all about this new things that he is learning. I read it all to my husband. We sure do miss you.

I am praying for you while you are in Hondurs this week.

Love you!
Shannon

Unknown said...

wow josiah looks like he is getting so big now! thanks for sharing the pictures. love you lots and hope everything is going well in honduras.

james