I have really enjoyed seeing the making my home a haven post. Yesterday I was not able to do anything toward this as my husband’s family was over but today my husband and I tacked the clean and tidy all in one. I don´t have any pictures but this is what we did.
Breakfast of hash browns and eggs
Give baby a bath and dress him and down for a nap
Dust living room
Clean kitchen and dining table
Clean computer area (wish I had pictures)
Sweep
Clean Bathroom
Clean outside sink and laundry area
Tomorrow we will have to do the shower and floors as our afternoon was spent walking to the store and buying groceries then coming home in a taxi (cost about $2.00 for a mile and half). This is the way we usually do our grocery shopping unless by chance we can use my father-in-laws car (I actually prefer this as we get more exercise but sometimes it is just raining way too much).
I then put away the groceries, did some much needed paperwork and made Bean and Corn soup with tortillas for dinner while my husband left to do some other errands and baby Josiah was taking his second nap of the day (this was a true success and a treasure!!!). He really helped me today in that he slept easily and soundly for 1 1/2 hours in the morning and again afternoon. Such a blessing as we have been struggling.
Husband then came home and we ate dinner and now why baby is sleeping I did my Bible study on Motherhood. Something that really stuck out to my today was that "All mothers love their children but not all mother´s love motherhood" (The Power of Motherhood) So did I embrace motherhood today with love or just do the necessary mother duties? Did I cherish nursing my baby and bathing him? Do I become frustrated with the task of motherhood and therefore frustrated with my little one?
2 comments:
Great job!!
Rachel,
It is so sweet to hear about your day! How precious to see your heart for home and for God. You family is blessed!
Love you sis,
Shannon
Post a Comment