Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challange - Week 1

I have been unable to post before now because of this busy life but here is my plan for this week. I have not made it to the store yet so it has been a little tricky without some things but actually has done ok.

Trying to keep it simple as we have lots of paperwork and appointments this week.

Sunday - Noodles with chicken hot dogs, onion, garlic, tomatoes and garlic bread

Monday - Rice and Stir fry with Broccoli, Carrots, Onion, Green beans and Beefsteak (I added this for our nephews Randall and I just ate the veggies).

Tuesday - Arroz Con Pollo (Rice with Chicken)

Wednesday - Tomato Soup with chese and chips

Thursday -Rice, Beans, Pork chops, green banana salad

Friday - Rice, potatoes with meat, steamed veggies

Saturday -

Sunday - Garbanzos and Rice


Other things I have made to use up what I have.

Morning Glory Muffins with carrots
Peanut Butter, Banana and Oatmeal Cookies (only used 1c. of sugar and 1/2 of the amount of butter) They were yummy but next time I might try these. http://fortheluvoffood.blogspot.com/2009/05/peanut-butter-and-banana-oatmeal.html

One important thing is that we are living with my in-laws and a nephew (right now 2 nephews because of vacation). So that makes for 6 or 7 people. Costa Rican culture does not do light sandwich lunches thought Randall and I often do. So we have an array of people cooking and different meals being done throughout the day.

Right now I am the main one cooking for everyone. So the things I have listed are dinners. Randall and I eat whatever for lunch mostly leftovers or sandwiches and everyone else eats rice, beans, meat and maybe something else.

For dinner I may make white rice for everyone and brown rice for Randall and I.

NOTE: Even though I wrote this earlier in the week. I am finally getting able to post it Thursday afternoon. We have STILL not gone to the store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting to see what you eat in another country. Love you all.