Father God
I pray that you will bless this little one.
Keep him safe in all the adventures of life to come and now as he is learning to walk and is exploring his world.
More than anything I desire for him to know you and have a personal relationship with you.
Help me to Shepard him and to lead his little heart to you.
To set an example in my thoughts, words and actions.
I want to instill in him the a desire and love for you and your word.
Give me wisdom to train him in the way he should go.
Give me patience to deal with his strong character.
Help me to be consistent in training.
Give me answers for the the questions he will ask.
Some of my favorite times to pray for Josiah are when I am trying to get him to sleep because at that time I need a lot of patience. I also pray for him while I am nursing him. As he is now older we are starting to pray together before bed and at meal times. He has a very limited time that he will sit still so usually the prayers are something like to ones below.
Meal Time
God, thank you for this food. Thank you for my rice and beans (name the food).
Bed Time
God, Thank you for this day. Help me to sleep peacefully. I love you.
Even though your toddler or baby is too little maybe to understand you are forming habits for life but even more important these prayers small as they are instills in them a love for God and a relationship with him. A prayer for your baby when you are in a tough situation like with a fussy baby, one who resist sleep, or one who is sick can make a difference.
I want to encourage you to take a minute now and pray for your little ones. Thank God for these blessings. Why you are at it don`t forget to pray for yourself as well because a mom needs lots of patience, love, endurance, hope, faith, strenght (physical, spiritual and mental). If you do this your day will be filled with much more peace.
I pray that you will bless this little one.
Keep him safe in all the adventures of life to come and now as he is learning to walk and is exploring his world.
More than anything I desire for him to know you and have a personal relationship with you.
Help me to Shepard him and to lead his little heart to you.
To set an example in my thoughts, words and actions.
I want to instill in him the a desire and love for you and your word.
Give me wisdom to train him in the way he should go.
Give me patience to deal with his strong character.
Help me to be consistent in training.
Give me answers for the the questions he will ask.
Some of my favorite times to pray for Josiah are when I am trying to get him to sleep because at that time I need a lot of patience. I also pray for him while I am nursing him. As he is now older we are starting to pray together before bed and at meal times. He has a very limited time that he will sit still so usually the prayers are something like to ones below.
Meal Time
God, thank you for this food. Thank you for my rice and beans (name the food).
Bed Time
God, Thank you for this day. Help me to sleep peacefully. I love you.
Even though your toddler or baby is too little maybe to understand you are forming habits for life but even more important these prayers small as they are instills in them a love for God and a relationship with him. A prayer for your baby when you are in a tough situation like with a fussy baby, one who resist sleep, or one who is sick can make a difference.
I want to encourage you to take a minute now and pray for your little ones. Thank God for these blessings. Why you are at it don`t forget to pray for yourself as well because a mom needs lots of patience, love, endurance, hope, faith, strenght (physical, spiritual and mental). If you do this your day will be filled with much more peace.
2 comments:
Rachel I praise God for your tender and holy heart of love for your son. How precious to read the prayers that you pray over him, they made me cry. May God bless you for your faithfulness in lifting up your little ones to the Father.
Love you dear!
Shannon
PS The picture is so sweet :)
How very beautiful and inspiring.
A reminder that I should take more time in the little moments to pray for my two blessings.
Post a Comment