Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Traveling With Baby Tips



I am far from an experienced traveler but these are some things I did that really worked for me.

*Take a baby carrier
This was a life saver as Josiah who does not sleep or nurse if we are out would sometimes settle down once in the carrier and take a little nap. Also great if we had to walk a lot.

*Take an umbrella
Not just for rain but also for sun.

*Baby Stroller
Great for sleeping in if we were at camp so he could be by me during meetings and not in some strange room and bed. Also helped to rock him to sleep since he was in an unfamiliar setting. I usually didn´t take this during the day as we were in and out and the terrain was not stroller friendly sometimes.
*Bathe baby while Daddy is showering.
That we daddy could help and baby was not sitting on some strange shower floor. (I also used a plastic box we used to take dishes in for the team.)

*Pack babies bag ( I used a back pack for ease of caring) before bed to eliminate last minute rush.
*In the morning put baby in stroller and give him a bowl with a little dry cereal.
This allows mommy more time to get ready.

This is what I would pack

5 diapers
wipes
cream
2-4 small toys or books (I would try to change them out ever other day or so)
extra change of clothes
bottle and milk
snacks in small plastic bowls
1 Gerber fruit spoon bib napkins baby cereal in small container
Sippy cup
Shoes and socks
Jacket and pants for cooler weather or rain
Umbrella
blanket or light sheet depending on weather (sheet helps shade sun)

I would combine the lunch stuff in a zip bag for ease of eating anywhere.

Maybe some of these ideas will help you. Stay tuned as in a year or so I hope to post about traveling with a toddler as we are on that brink now and I know there will need to be more things to take and do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent ideas!

Anonymous said...

A sleeping baby. How sweat Gooooood idea!!!!!!



Laura

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

Yes this is one of the few pictues I have of him sleeping!!!

Anonymous said...

Save that picture! I like it so much! It is precious!

M