Potato Bread
This is a great recipe that I got off the King Author Flour website. There are many good looking bread recipes. Any kind you could think of. If you have time check it out. This recipe I love because you let it rise in the fridge and it develops the taste. So if you have potatoes for dinner then you can mix it up quickly and put it in the fridge till the next day. In the am I take out pinch off about 1/3 for rolls (makes 16 to 20, which is enough for us for 3 dinners at least. You may want to try freezing some at this point before the rising and let rise only what you will eat that day. Becuse of freezer space I haven´t done this, I just cook them all together and put the leftovers in a bag and reheat the next few days for dinner.) and shape the other 2/3 into loaves. I put the loaves in oven to rise and the rolls I put in the fridge (in the pan above) to slow rise and then about 3 hours before dinner take them out and put them in the oven to rise and then bake.
1T. Yeast
1/2 Sugar
1 1/2 c. Potato water
3/4 c. Butter
1t. Salt
1 egg
1 c. Mashed Potatoes
6c. Flour
Dissolve yeast in water. Mix together everything except flour. (I usually add the wheat flour and beat first and then add the white flour.) Add enough flour to make dough. Kneed 5 minutes in mixer or 10 - 20 minutes by hand. Place in greased bowl and let rise in refrigerator for 8-24 hours. Shape in loaves and let rise approximately 4 hours. Bake.
No comments:
Post a Comment