Monday, February 15, 2010

Time...


Today I got up made breakfast, packed two things to mail, read emails from the weekend, started laundry, sweep, showered and then at 11 am started lunch.

Rice
Leftover chicken and potatoes
Garbanzos
Tuna pasta salad

It seemed today that I got so much done very early and in very little time. I started wondering how is this possible. Most days I don´t even get this much done by bed time. Then I remembered...

Josiah had spent some of the morning in Grandmas room (tita), then helped daddy outside for a few minutes before going over to the neighbors house (which is inside of our same fence) to play with a little 2 year old she watches.

The reason I got so much done was that I didn´t have to stop constantly to clean the messes, train, comfort, read to, change wet clothes, take him to the potty every hour at least, teach him how to help me, always be on the lookout for danger and ready to run, love him and everything else that in the life of a almost 2 year old. Yes, I did see him and do some of these things but I also had time with which I could do something without so many interruptions.

While it was nice I would never trade my little one so that I might have a clean house, time for myself or anything else. So even while sometimes I barley get through the day and get more frustrated then I want to it is all worth it.

I just couldn´t live without his little smiles and hugs every morning.

So I am a missionary and do serve others and am always planing, meeting, helping, and involved in all of that but where do I spend most of my time and energy, right here in the daily home life much like that of any family with a little toddler.

Now I am going to go and nap with my precious baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it.


Your sis, Laura

Sarah said...

Glad you got some time to get some things done. Those times are nice. It's great that you remember to enjoy the times with your little one even more, though.

Love the photos of Josiah in this post!

The tale of three babies said...

It is great to have some time to do things that you need to without the interruption. But I agree no interruptions just aren't worth life without your little one. They make life worth living and I say bring on the interruptions!!! But the days without them are great too! We gotta be thankful for the help we get from granparents, neighbours and our wonderful husbands too!