Well, I had some chicken tights and legs on the bone and didn´t know what to do with them. Wanted something different. So I cut the legs from the thighs. Seasoned it with grated garlic, salt and pepper put it in the electric skillet on hi heat a few minutes and then turned the heat down and let it slow cook. In the mean time remembered I had a part of a zucchini I needed to use so I cut it up in small wedges. I also cut up a tomato in wedges and sliced up a onion. I sprinkled it with Italian seasoning and salt. It was very yummy!!
Something else we had this week was this Lentil Rice Casserol.
It made enough for two dinners.
1. Lentil Rice Casserole and salad and potato rolls
2. Baked Eggplant, Lentil Rice Casserole and Potato rolls
Randall loved it and it was so yummy and good to have it after several years of not eating it. I loved having a meltable cheese on top which we splurged to buy.
Cheddar cheese is $4 or $5 per 1/2 lb. so I bought American cheese which is about $2 for 12 slices. Still very expensive but we just do it once in a while when we really want something melty.
1 comment:
Wow...that looks really good! Way to go using up stuff you have on hand and creating yummy meals!
Post a Comment