We have a very small freezer space so I usually only use it for meat. So we usually buy a large pack of chicken and then I will freeze them in portions. Each bag has the amount I would need to do dinner. Here are a couple of pictures of what it looks like. This helps a lot because meat is cheaper in bulk and also saves freezer spaces. A pack with 7 breast means 7 dinners. A pack with 7 drumstick means 3 or 4 dinners depending on the number of people.
Another way to save money with meat is use less. Instead of making a meal where each person gets a serving of meat say like a pork chop or a chicken breast use the meat chopped up in something. It makes it last longer and feed more people. For an example see Arroz con Pollo (Chicken with Rice) recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment